Going on a trip is always a source of pleasure. However, it requires some organization. So, before dropping anchor and to travel serenely, we have concocted some tips for a 100% successful vacation.
Tip #1: Get Organized!
Ah, vacations… We dream of them all year round, impatiently counting the days that separate us from this long-awaited getaway. Yet this anticipation of pure joy can quickly turn into apprehension about the unexpected. To avoid this situation, do not leave anything to chance and organize yourself, by checking point by point the elements of our special traveler checklist:
- Create a handy reminder so you don’t forget anything in your suitcase.
- Make sure before you leave the validity of your passport or identity card, and print a duplicate that you will keep during your stay.
- Check if a Visa is required to enter the country.
- Consider subscribing to a travel insurance.
- Print confirmations your plane tickets, your accommodation, as well as your car rental contract.
- Plan a backup plan to get to the airport on the day of departure.
- Document yourself about your destination: its history, its culture, the local currency…
- A little extra advice: learn a few words or expressions in the local language to share friendly moments with the locals and feel more immersed in the country.
Tip #2: Find out about transfers to and from the airport
How will I get to the airport? Thorny question that many travelers ask themselves before the big departure! And for good reason, access to airports, often located on the outskirts of cities, is not always easy. Bus, train, car, taxi… Where to turn among these many possibilities?
Depending on the budget and the country you are traveling to, different options may be available to you:
- The bus : it is the most practical and economical way to get to the airport, and this in most countries.
- The train : more expensive than the bus, it is still an effective and rarely excessive means of making your journeys to and from the airport.
- Carpooling : it is a good economical alternative for those who are not fond of solo journeys. Some platforms even offer the connection of passengers having their flight on the same time slot.
- The taxi : it is, unsurprisingly, renowned as an expensive mode of transport. However, it can be advantageous if you are traveling with several people by sharing the costs.
Find out about these different means of transport and opt for the best alternative depending on your departure and arrival city, the prices offered and your flight times.
Tip #3: Unload your luggage
You are the type to always want to prepare for all eventualities, unable to make choices in your suitcases for fear of running out of equipment or accessories. To hell with restrictive airline baggage allowances! If you don’t want to give up your most beautiful surfboard for your next trip to the sea, that’s no problem! We have found THE solution so that even your luggage is cajoled during your next vacation thanks to the platform Eelway.
This innovative service offers you the transfer of your luggage from and to the airport at any time of the day. But that’s not all ! The platform also provides a luggage storage available 24/7, from an extensive network of partner hotels around the world. You will be able to leave your luggage with confidence, in good hands. 😉
Tip #4: Take your time
By wanting too much to visit everything in a short time, the risk is great that you will end up tired, stressed and that you will not take any pleasure in this trip of which you dreamed so much. To ward off this, it is important to sort out the essentials of the destination in order to target those you do not want to miss according to your preferences. For the rest, let yourself be carried away by encounters, exchanges with the locals and slow down the pace while you take full advantage of all that your holiday destination has to offer. On the program: encounters, authenticity, immersion and NO STRESS!
Tip #5: your health first!
Taking care of your health is also valid on vacation, whatever your destination and the conditions of your trip. Here are some useful recommendations, no matter what type of trip you are going on!
- Prepare a list of medicines and medical equipment to bring with you, and don’t forget the prescription for your current treatments.
- Find out about the mandatory vaccines and advised.
- If you are visiting a country where access to drinking water is limited, check out our tips for always having drinking water with you on your trip.
- Finally, beware of raw foods, unpeeled fruits or vegetables and foods that have remained for hours at room temperature (such as foods sold on the street).
If you have followed us so far, then you have all the keys in hand to fully experience your next trip and this, in complete peace of mind. 🙂