Need a change of scenery? Take advantage of a tailor-made trip to France to recharge your batteries for a weekend, thanks to dream destinations!
If France is known worldwide for its culture, its gastronomy or its History, it is also known for its great diversity of landscapes. It must be said that having the chance to enjoy sandy and pebble beaches, sea and ocean, mountains and lakes or endless plains, is a blessing. We can thus easily afford the luxury of choosing our different holiday destinations without leaving the territory, and can even treat ourselves to breaks in France for a few days in order to cut off from our daily lives.
Despite our natural wealth, some French vacationers seek to get away from it all even more… And since the easing of COVID-19, the increase in train and plane ticket prices has prevented them from traveling abroad. Fortunately, by booking your tailor-made trip to France with The Offline, you will discover surprising destinations on our territory, for a total change of scenery. As a bonus, we offer you the possibility of benefiting from – 5% reduction by booking your stay with the code GENERATIONVOYAGEXTO!
1. The Pink Granite Coast
- 📍 How to get there ? : By car, follow the roads to Morlaix (Finistère) or Saint-Brieuc (Côtes-d’Armor). The same national N12 connects the two cities between them. Then follow the D786 from Morlaix or the D6 from Saint-Brieuc. It is also possible to get there by bus, train and plane.
- 🏠 Where to stay for two? : In the little cocoon of Trégastel
- 🏠 Where to stay with family? : In the little house by the sea
Imagine a coppery coast seeming to balance above the sea, forming a unique setting of granite blocks shaped by the waves… This is the spectacle that awaits you during your next stay on the Pink Granite Coast.
Indeed, it is in the Côtes d’Armor that you can take advantage of this stay in France to cut the hustle and bustle of your daily life. Stroll along the coastal path, go on an excursion to discover the 7 islands that border this coast, where you will discover the typical alleys of Ploumanac’h, the favorite village of the French.
Thanks to such special decor, smells and colors, a change of scenery is guaranteed!
2. French Colorado
- 📍 How to get there ? : By car, follow the roads to Valence, then to Avignon. Then take the D900 towards Saint-Saturnin. If you are coming from or from Aix-en-Provence, you can also take the D973 to the Lubéron Regional Nature Park.
- 🏠 Where to stay for two? : In Hameau’s house
- 🏠 Where to stay with family? : In the Clos Savornin
French Colorado, Colorado Provençal, or the Far West of Lubéron, these are all names given to the Ocres of Rustrel and Roussillon, a truly atypical French landscape. Often compared to the American Colorado, due to the similarity of its unusual colors made of ochreous sand, the “French Colorado” is the ideal place for a holiday in France!
Offering a total change of scenery, this land of Vaucluse contains many reliefs sculpted by erosion. Thus, thanks to your stay with The Offline, you will discover cliffs, ravines, caves, peaks, and even waterfalls in which you can cool off. All in an impressive color palette, ranging from yellow to brown, through red and purple hues. In all, there are more than 11 shades in the park!
3. The Gorges du Verdon
- 📍 How to get there ? : By car, follow the roads to Valence, then to Avignon. Continue your route along the Lubéron regional natural park to Manosque, and follow the D952
- 🏠 Where to stay for two? : At the top of the village
- 🏠 Where to stay with family? : In the Beauregard gite
It is in the heart of the Verdon Regional Natural Park that a powerful canyon forms, like a gigantic notch in the rock, looking almost divine. The Gorges du Verdon, one of the “top French destinations”, will offer you a break in France with a total change of scenery. Cradled by a mixture of Mediterranean and Alpine climate, the gorges enjoy a particularly rich fauna and flora.
In addition, your stay in this exotic destination in France will allow you to practice a whole range of different activities. Kayaking, rafting, pedal boating and hiking will offer you different angles of view, and you will discover absolutely magical swimming spots. And if you are in lack of thrills, you can fly over the Gorges du Verdon in a microlight, and even perform a bungee jump from the Artuby bridge.
4. The Dune of Pilat
- 📍 How to get there ? : From Paris, follow the A10 motorway to Bordeaux, then deviate onto the A53 and the A660 to arrive at your destination. From the south of France, take the A62 to Bordeaux, then follow the same path. Finally, if you are coming from the east of France, then the A89 will take you to your destination.
- 🏠 Where to stay for two? : The chalet 100 meters from the beach
- 🏠 Where to stay with family? : The apartment for 6 people
Here is certainly the most exotic destination, and therefore ideal for a tailor-made trip to France! The Dune du Pilat, the highest dune in Europe, will offer you, for a weekend with The Offline, an impression of travel within the deserts of Latin America. Climb the 110 meters in height of the dune, and gain access to a splendid view of the Landes forest, of the sandy desert that flows into the sea. Depending on the time of day, the seasons and the weather, the impressions will always be different.
Thus, climb to the top in the early morning to discover such a particular luminosity, before going for a walk in the shade of the tall pines during the hottest hours of the afternoon, to finally return there for a picnic in the sun. setting. Not far from there, you can also enjoy the calm waters of Lac de Sanguinet, in which you can enjoy a swim in fresh water. Nothing better to get rid of the sand that sticks to the skin, right?
5. Ille sur Tet
- 📍 How to get there ? : You will have to pass through Narbonne to reach your destination. So from Paris, follow the A75, from Marseille the A54, from Strasbourg the A35 and finally from Rennes, the A83. Once in Narbonne, take the A9, which will take you straight to Ille-sur-Têt
- 🏠 Where to stay for two? : The duplex-style studio
- 🏠 Where to stay with family? : The terrace with panoramic view
An exceptional and particularly protected heritage, the landscape of Ille sur Têt is a true gift of nature. The latter seems to have thought, drawn and shaped these cliffs of sand and clay, the finishes of which were provided by the fine drops of rain. Located in the Canigou massif, 25 minutes from Perpignan, the Têt valley is a protected territory, which will offer you the total change of scenery you need.
This decor could be both that of an American western or that of a French cave exposed to light, as the fairy chimneys are reminiscent of certain stalagmites. Do not hesitate to hike in the region, to see the spectacle evolve over the hours and the changing luminosity.
To continue your change of scenery through the tailor-made trips offered by The Office, it is a leap into history that we are now presenting to you. By discovering Arles, the largest municipality in France (about 7 times the size of Paris with its 759 km²), you will discover a Greco-Roman culture and architecture worthy of the name! Spend a weekend in this veritable city of the Bouches-du-Rhône and take the time to visit its Roman arenas, built in the year 80, as well as its Greek-style amphitheater, which was erected more two millennia.
If you want to learn more, you can also visit the city’s Alyscamps. The latter form a necropolis dating from Roman times, in which you will discover sarcophagi from different periods, in a mystical atmosphere. You can also call on a guide who will teach you all the little secrets of yesteryear. Finally, you can also dive into the cryptoporticoes of Arles.
These underground galleries, dug in the year 46 BC, were founded with the aim of consolidating the construction of the Roman Forum. They will open their doors to you for discovery in the shade of the Mediterranean sun.
7. The Calanques of Piana
- 📍 How to get there ? : The village and the Calanques of Piana are located about an hour’s drive from Ajaccio. From the center of Ajaccien, you will follow the western coast of Corsica by the departmental road, the D81. You will pass by the villages of Afa and Calcatoggio, and you will completely cross Tiuccia, Sagone and Cargèse.
If you go to Corsica by ferry, you can take your car. Otherwise, there is the option of the rental car, which is very popular.
- 🏠 Where to stay for two? : The stone outbuilding
- 🏠 Where to stay with family? : The small village house
It is in Corsica that we take you to discover our last destination for an exotic stay in France! And to escape from the daily hustle and bustle, what better than to enjoy the mountains, the sea, the beaches and an excessive flora, all this in the heart of a single destination? This is the program that awaits you if you choose the creeks of Piana. Majestic, grandiose, many are the superficial used to describe them through books and travel guides. And to tell the truth, words will never be strong enough to describe these landscapes. The best thing is to go there to fall under the charm of the place.
In addition, the creeks of Piana can be visited in many ways. You can obviously take the time to go for a hike: there are plenty of trails. You can also visit them from the sea, enjoying a boat trip. The latter will allow you to see the sublime contrast between the red of the cliffs and the deep blue of the Mediterranean.
Our advice for making the most of the creeks of Piana? Opt for the canyoning experience! Go for a full day accompanied by a guide and descend the creeks in fresh water to the sea, with the added bonus of many natural jumps and slides to fill up on thrills!