Questions to ask yourself before you go
To decide which destination to choose, it will first be necessary to take stock of the type of holiday desired. If you are going as a family with young children, cultural visits such as museums should not be too numerous. If you have the soul of a sportsman, you will probably have to go to the great outdoors. You will then have to set a budget and then compare the offers among the destinations that you like the most. Another important element: the climate. It is essential to check that the weather will be adapted according to the chosen period, avoiding, for example, the rainy season.
The 5 holiday destinations to discover in 2022
Here is a selection of five countries harboring fabulous cultures and landscapes. Find hotels and/or flights at competitive prices for these destinations and book now on Booking.com:
- Norway : Among the destinations to discover absolutely and if you have a limited budget, think of Norway. The wide open spaces and majestic landscapes are yours. Norwegians live in harmony with nature, which is superbly preserved in the country. Discover the purity of the great forests, plains and fjords framed by sumptuous steep mountains. Don’t miss the high highlands populated by reindeer and musk oxen, stretching to the northern cape of Europe.
- Belize: This small country between North and South America is home to many cultures: descendants of black slaves, Spanish-speaking populations and Mennonites living more inland. You will discover many Mayan sites and incredible reserves of macaws and jaguars. Offshore is the second largest barrier reef in the world and many small islands, a true gem of nature. Made up of rivers, caves and bordered by sumptuous white sand beaches over 250km, Belize has it all.
- The Cook Islands: Do you want to enjoy white sand beaches and turquoise blue lagoons? Diving or snorkeling in the exceptionally rich seabed? The Cook Islands are for you. They will also be an opportunity to discover the Polynesian culture which is still deeply rooted there. If you want to do activities on site, the choice will be wide: hiking, diving, bike rides… Enough to combine relaxation and sport in an idyllic setting.
- Nepal: A small country on the Silk Road between China and India, the destination is often overlooked by tourists. Yet it conceals legends: it is here that Buddha was born and that the last living goddesses on Earth still live; the Kumaris. A mixture of Buddhist and Hindu cultures, the stories around the country are fabulous between kings, queens and deities in animal forms. If you like trekking, it will also be an opportunity to discover the incredible Himalayan range and in particular Everest culminating at 8850 meters.
- Oman: Located halfway between Africa and India, Oman is a mountainous country bordered by majestic beaches and the Indian Ocean. The wadis allowing the irrigation of the palm groves and the desert made of red and golden dunes are breathtaking landscapes to discover. Land of exchanges for millennia between the different continents, the natural environment is superbly preserved in Oman, unlike some Gulf countries. The culture there is largely influenced by India, particularly in terms of clothing and food. Consider discovering the local gastronomy made, among other things, from tropical fruits.
Why book your trip on Booking.com?
Booking.com offers very competitive rates in the market. It offers a wide selection of accommodation, hotels and car rentals. Enjoy secure booking and payment on the platform. You can even book your trip at the last minute for a flight or hotel and enjoy 24/7 customer service.
Don’t wait any longer to book your dream vacation on Booking.com and discover the world this summer.
Content offered by our tips experts, partners of 20 Minutes. The editorial staff did not participate in its production. The prices mentioned in this article are indicative and are subject to change.
Some links in this article are affiliate links, which may use tracers to enable 20 Minutes to receive a commission in the event of a purchase on the partner site.